Last year EnergySmart launched a special solar incentive for income qualifying households within Boulder County that provided a rebate of $1/watt up to 3/000 watts ($3,000). This incentive affirmed Boulder County’s commitment to make rooftop solar attainable for all its residents. This rebate was well received by the local solar community in 2017 therefore Boulder County’s EnergySmart service will again offer a “Solar IQ” (for income qualified) grant for qualifying residents in 2018.
The main difference in 2018 is the EnergySmart Solar IQ incentive will be in the form of a grant instead of a first come, first served rebate. The reason for this change is that we are looking to better identify the families who need this subsidy the most and who have also shown a commitment to addressing their home’s energy consumption. An additional change is the qualifying income threshold has been lowered. For a complete list of details, conditions, and income thresholds please go to EnergySmartYES website:
- Anticipated number of Solar IQ awards- 16-17, based on ~$3,000 grant/household & $50,000 budget
- Home must be located within Boulder County and owned by the applicant
- Homeowner enrollment in the EnergySmart service is required
- Solar IQ grant application submittal will consist of:
- Completed EnergySmart Solar IQ grant application
- Copy of applicant’s prior year taxes (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ)
- Up to a 1-page Statement of Need essay
- Grant application period is from February 1 – March 15, 2018
- Awardees and their solar contractor must completed their PV project by November 30, 2018
- PV contractors must be NABCEP certified and be in good standing with EnergySmart
Boulder County would appreciate you promoting this special offer to your existing and perspective Boulder County customers. Details of this offer are below, which you can copy and paste into any correspondence to your prospective customers. EnergySmart’s energy advisors are always available to answer your customer’s questions about this special incentive.
We appreciate your efforts towards increasing the adoption of renewable energy in the Boulder County. If you have any specific program questions please feel free to reach out to me.
EnergySmart Residential Program Manager Boulder County Commissioners’ Office 720.564.2721 office *protected email* EnergySmartYES.com