Post Date: December 10, 2016
Location: Denver, Colorado
Target Hire Date: Immediate
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: Rebecca Cantwell
The Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (COSEIA) is seeking to fill the key senior-level position of Development Director. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of generating revenue from a variety of events, a passion for solar energy, and the ability to multi-task on a small but nimble and highly productive team. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director and interact regularly with business members of the organization and the Board of Directors. Compensation will be approximately 50% performance based, including bonuses from growing the organization’s revenue.
Established in 1989, COSEIA is the award-winning nonprofit association leading Colorado’s solar industry. Our mission is to expand solar markets and to generate jobs and prosperity for the people of Colorado. Together with hundreds of solar business members, we work to advance solar policy, remove market barriers, highlight emerging trends, and promote solar outreach and education.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Build a strong and viable fundraising apparatus that includes a deep pool of donors, endowed funds, planned gifts and special events that support our annual budget
- Develop goals, strategies and measurable objectives for all fundraising appeals and special campaigns
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Participate on board committees with revenue raising responsibilities
The successful candidate will have revenue and planning responsibility for COSEIA’s major annual Solar Power Colorado Conference, including:
- Develop new business opportunities for exhibit and sponsorship revenue through direct contact sales and proposals, plan and executes all sponsorship and exhibit arrangements for conference.
- Work with appropriate individuals to develop and monitor timelines/deadlines related to all aspects of the event, ensuring the information is communicated with staff, volunteers, vendors and other constituents.
The successful candidate will work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to develop additional major events each year and execute planning, selling and programming to turn them into annual successful revenue generators for COSEIA. These will include:
-Summer Solstice Party
-Corporate solar energy seminar
For all these events, responsibilities include:
Develop and monitor timelines/promotional schedule for events to ensure effective and strong promotion.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of events
- Develop sponsorship packages and sell to sponsors
- Develop and execute a program to sell tickets to events in advance and to ensure success
Manage relationships with COSEIA’s 200 solar business members
Design and execute membership renewal campaigns, including collections
Develop new value-added resources for members
- Responsible for managing backend data systems that handle ecommerce, membership information, websites, email communications, etc.
- Responsible for smooth operation of websites, email marketing and other digital tools
- Responsible for interfacing with COSEIA’s bookkeeper and board treasurer to develop and execute the organization’s annual budget, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Responsible for generating, with bookkeeper, regular financial reports
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record of major corporate sales and revenue generation
- Three years of event management, development or similar experience
- Experience in contract research, negotiations, and management of numerous vendors
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; WordPress website management software is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence with in verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Compensation will be based on experience and track record of raising funds.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: Rebecca Cantwell