The Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (COSEIA) is the award-winning nonprofit association leading Colorado’s solar industry. Our mission is to expand solar markets and to generate jobs and prosperity for the people of Colorado. Together with hundreds of solar business members we work to advance solar policy, remove market barriers, highlight emerging trends, and promote solar outreach and education.
The Event and Development Manager opportunity is an independent contractor position reporting directly to the COSEIA executive team. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi‐task efficiently and be responsive to the needs of our members, Board of Directors and COSEIA staff. Outlined below are the main areas of responsibility for this position.
Management, Business Development and Finance:
- Manage assigned projects in the area of event planning for COSEIA’s annual Solar Power Colorado Conference taking place March 13-15, 2017.
- Develop new business opportunities for exhibit and sponsorship revenue through direct contact sales and proposals.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals and benchmarks for overall financial success.
- Work with COSEIA’s bookkeeper to invoice for sold sponsorship and exhibit packages, select attendee billing, etc.
Event Management and Administration:
- Work with appropriate individuals to develop and monitor timelines/deadlines related to all aspects of the event, ensuring the information is communicated with staff, volunteers, vendors and other constituents.
- Work with committees to develop a program for events including speakers, topics, and timing and communicate with speakers regarding their commitment to the event and their needs related to attending the event (i.e. A/V, travel, handouts, bios, etc.).
- Manage database and registration process, including on‐site registrations, to assure accurate registration data, name badges, fee collection, and counts for specific special events, etc.
- Manage and provide quality customer service to all sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and attendees.
- Attend the event and provide on‐site support, as requested by the Membership and Outreach Director.
- Manage all special activities held in conjunction with the conference including solar energy training, Women in Solar Event, and other special events taking place during the conference.
- Responsible for setting up registration area, ensuring all needs are appropriately handled for sponsors, exhibitors and attendees.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials arrive back to the office after the conference and are properly disseminated to staff responsible for those items.
- Negotiate contracts and evaluate options with a variety of vendors and arrange for all related services with vendors, such as Omni Hotel event staff, audio‐visual needs, signage, program, entertainment, etc.
- Make and communicate all overnight accommodations for staff and speakers, and communicate rooming lists and VIP upgrades to hotel, as appropriate.
- Ensure all logistical details of the event including but not limited to prompt updates to the conference website, photography, volunteer procurement and coordination, moderators, room set‐up, audio visual, transportation, room night commitments, food and beverage, BEOs, etc.
Communication and Promotions:
Manage the promotional aspects of the event including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and monitor timelines/promotional schedule for events, working with COSEIA staff to ensure effective and strong promotion.
- Work with COSEIA staff to review promotional materials prior to distribution, i.e. attendee brochure, on‐site program, etc.
- Design promotional communications utilizing Constant Contact email and database management software
- Provide information on the event to the COSEIA staff for promotion on the website including details for registration, listing/logos of sponsors/exhibitors, etc.
- Write copy and design posts for social media vehicles to promote the event, ensuring posts include pertinent information.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working experience with events/conferences
- Contract research, negotiations, and management of numerous vendors
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; WordPress website management software is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or CMP preferred
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, from February 15, 2017 to March 15, 2017
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to info@COSEIA.org