The Manager, Development works closely with Amp’s functional groups (e.g. Project Execution, Project Finance, Regulatory, Operations and Technology & Engineering) in overseeing the project development cycle through to each commercial operation. This is a critical role within Amp whereby the incumbent will partner with internal and external parties and navigate regulatory channels through critical milestones to execute assigned projects.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Development.
- Oversee the project development cycle through to each assigned project’s commercial operation.
- Manage consultants, brokers, agents and support development activities necessary to bring projects to construction-ready including, but not limited to, receipt of all permits, studies and approvals.
- Manage all development information and project documentation in Amp file storage systems for distribution to the development team, Amp functional groups, and necessary third parties.
- Control document flow amongst project stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the developers in the field to ensure project development meets Amp’s quality standards and complies with all necessary Federal, State, local and Utility guidelines and regulations.
- Track project-level budgets on each individual development site to ensure development is staying in budget.
- Track and closely manage project progress and develop status reports to management including a comprehensive reporting of the pipeline.
- Act as AMP point of contact for assigned projects with all internal stakeholders.
- Support, on an as-needed basis, all execution and financing activities during and following construction.
- Generate necessary proposals for landowners, government agencies or others as requested.
- Support the negotiation of any relevant legal documents.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline required.
- Five or more year’s progressive experience in energy project development and/or construction.
- Experience with, and thorough understanding of, the development of utility, commercial and industrial PV and energy storage systems.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the US and Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR@amp.energy with this subject line: Application for Manager, Development, USA – Your Full Name. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.