Position: Senior Project Manager
Location St. Louis, MO, or Denver, CO
Target hire date: Immediately
Construction management position with a fast growing clean energy company completing solar PV and energy efficiency projects nationally. Position is responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the construction process, including bidding, hiring of subcontractors and working with owners, engineers, and vendors.
Strong problem solving abilities a must in order to deal with inevitable shifts in project scope, schedule, etc. The position requires an understanding of the construction business, safety compliance, and the ability to work under deadlines, in a fast-paced environment. This is a senior level position with a high degree of responsibility. Expectations are focused on managing budget and schedule while maintaining a high level of communication with the Client.
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and fun-loving team, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for growth.
- Implement and reinforce safety on the job-site
- Oversee quality assurance/quality control on the project
- Review drawings and specifications and have a thorough understanding of the scope of work
- Solicit and obtain bids, identify qualified subcontractors and negotiate price and scope
- Develop and deliver job progress reports
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and take action to assure projects stay on schedule
- Initiate close-out procedures and prepare close-out documents
- Approve invoices and manage progress billings
- Monitor construction progress on a regular basis
- Address any issues that arise during construction
- Conduct project meetings
- Maintain continuous contact with customer to keep them informed of project status
- Coordinate with all permitting authorities
- Coordinate with project designers and engineers to assure timely completion of design documents
- Assist business development in developing project estimates and schedules during sales process
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge in construction means and methods
- Strong organization, leadership, negotiation and delegation skills are required
- Working knowledge of scheduling concepts such as CPM, PERT, Gantt charts, etc
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill are required
- Strong computer skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum four (4) years related experience required
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
- NABCEP certification is a plus
Work is performed in an office and on job sites. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. Must be able to travel to jobsites. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible and some late evenings may be required.
Travel domestically to job sites ranging from 10-25% of work hours, with maximum durations of 3-4 days per trip.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Above market salary and benefits.