Post Date: July 25, 2017
Job Title: Online Campus Curriculum Developer
Location: Remote Position
Target Hire Date: Applications due August 18, 2017, with a start date of approximately early September
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references letter in one combined PDF to *protected email*
Vision of Curriculum and Instruction Department
SEI’s mission is to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities, and businesses worldwide. Since 1991, SEI has provided training for all levels of professionals within the solar electric industry; whether a person is new to the industry or wants to expand their skills—from grid-tied to battery-based to O&M, from residential to utility-scale to microgrids. The Curriculum and Instruction Department is responsible for ensuring that our online, in-person, hands-on, and contract trainings are industry-leading and delivered to SEI’s standards in the appropriate language.
Purpose of Online Campus Curriculum Developer
The role of the Online Campus Curriculum Developer is to be the lead online learning content creator in support of the SEI Online Campus. This position is responsible for the research and implementation of appropriate and engaging learning technologies to be used with the SEI Online campus while ensuring our online courses stay on the cutting-edge for our adult learners. This position will also ensure the learning content is accessible across all platforms – desktop and mobile – through testing and quality assurance processes.
This position will also work closely with the Curriculum and Instruction Team to help update the courses and ensure universal structure, techniques, tools, and software is used across all SEI Online Campus courses. This role will be the lead person to research innovative learning technologies aligned with SEI’s predominantly technical / adult learners and their preferred learning styles with an eye on preferred methods of access (i.e. desktop and mobile). This includes students from all over the world, with different levels of knowledge in handling technology.
This position will be the resident team expert on the use of all learning technologies and authoring tools used within the SEI Online Campus including PowerPoint, Panopto Lecture Capture, Moodle, and all other software and techniques deployed within the SEI Online Campus. This person will actively be engaged with SEI’s online courses and assist with curriculum development. This position reports to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction and will work closely with the SEI Online Campus Manager and SEI Curriculum and Instruction Team to ensure a successful online program. This is a full-time salaried position based remotely.
Curriculum Development / Online Course Content Creation and Managment
- Develop universal style guides and instructional technologies.
- Ensure all courses are using the same learning technologies and techniques.
- Function as the main gate keeper in the curriculum development process to ensure these guides are being followed.
- Analyze benefits / costs of changes in the curriculum development and delivery process both to SEI’s staff and to students.
- Advocate for the online program students and instructors
- Teach one online class per course launch, depending on scheduling needs. This amounts to about 10-20 hours of work/week throughout the year.
Online Learning Instructional Technology Tools Research and Development
- Research and develop new cutting-edge methods for online curriculum delivery.
- Implement interactive learning tools and technologies.
- Attend conferences and user groups to stay on top of leading online learning strategies, techniques, and tools.
- At least 2 years working in the PV industry – industry certifications preferred but not required
- A passion for online learning
- Expertise teaching and building classes within Moodle or other LMS
- Experience in working remotely with others in multiple time zones
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with the ability to adapt to new situations
- Strength in both written and verbal communication
- Be able to commit to travelling to SEI’s office in Paonia Colorado for a few weeks/year
Salary and benefits:
Salary dependent on experience. Additional benefits include health insurance, paid time-off, and a retirement package.
Applications due August 18, 2017, with a start date of approximately mid-September. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references in one combined PDF to *protected email*