Successful candidates for our PV Curriculum Developer position will combine PV technical knowledge with the ability to effectively communicate these concepts to various audiences; enthusiastically participate and communicate in a team-environment while being self-directed; engage in evolving SEI’s educational models; meet deadlines; and continuously strive to meet SEI’s standard of quality and professionalism with our curriculum and instruction.
This is a full-time position, based either remotely or at our headquarters in Paonia, Colorado. This position will work alongside eleven other exceptional members of the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
● Technical editing and developing of SEI’s PV curriculum, including PowerPoints, exercises, quizzes, and videos for online and in-person trainings, including:
○ Updating course curriculum, structure, and format
○ Soliciting, tracking, and implementing instructor feedback
○ Participating in the development of new PV courses and SEI textbooks ○ Developing conference and contract curriculum
● Instruct PV courses in-person, online, and/or at conferences, in conjunction with the annual work plan
PV Team Member
● Attend weekly PV Team meetings, participate on subcommittees, and engage in SEI staff meetings
● Collaborate with other team members
● Represent SEI at industry conferences
● Participate in SEI’s annual PV instructor training
● Assist registration staff with student placement and general technical questions from the public
● Minimum of 5 years of experience installing and designing PV systems and a strong technical understanding of best practices, industry standards, and the National Electrical Code
● The ideal candidate has significant experience in residential installation, energy storage, and/or large-scale project development
● Experience creating curriculum and/or instruction preferred
● NABCEP Certified
● IREC Certified, preferred but not required
● Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
● Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required
● Experience and expertise using MS PowerPoint, MS Office, Adobe Illustrator (preferred but not required), CAD (preferred but not required), and other industry-specific software
● Must love details and be passionately committed to SEI’s quality training
● Ability to work self-directed in a virtual environment with a remote team
● Ability to work and communicate well in a team environment, under tight deadlines, and to adapt to new situations
● Ability to communicate efficiently with coworkers via email and Skype
● Ability to travel, approximately 10% of the year (in post-COVID times), including to Paonia, Colorado, and to conferences
Pay and benefits:
A starting salary of $25/hour, or dependent on experience. Additional benefits include a monthly health insurance stipend, generous paid time-off, and Simple IRA. Plus SEI has a thriving culture that strives to support all of our team through open communication, fun, collaboration, and flexibility. People always come first!
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 10/23/20.