Job Title: Electrician Apprentice
Location: Boulder, CO
Reports to: Lead Electrician and Journeyman Electricians
Electrician Apprentices are responsible for assisting Journeymen with all electrical work involved in the installation of PV solar systems. Working in teams of two or more, electrician apprentices are responsible for following orders issued by Licensed Electricians. They must keep the electrical vehicles stocked with all necessary tools and materials. They must be comfortable working on roofs of varying heights and in attics. Apprentices should be competent with hand and power tools, physically fit, capable of working in all weather conditions, detail-oriented, and hard-working. They must show a willingness to learn, ask questions/be attentive, and be on time and ready for work every day. Apprentices also must be working towards obtaining an Electrical License.
- Stock Vehicle: Ensure all necessary materials and tools are in Electrical Vehicle at all times
- Review Job Binder: Line Diagram, Bill of Materials, PCM Notes….
- Load job specific materials into vehicles for each project
- Unload materials at jobsite and set up tools, battery chargers, etc…
- Carry out work according to Licensed Electrician’s specifications
- Order/Purchase job materials when necessary
- Complete all electrical work to meet IPS and NEC standards
- Complete work in a timely fashion
- Track and report all project-related time
- Communicate with clients in a friendly, professional manner
- Maintain tools and equipment; assess and report need for repairs, replacements, or new purchases
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of electrical storage and work areas in shop
- Participate in company meetings and events
- Obtain Electrical Education and work towards obtaining an Electrical License
- Ask questions/Be attentive
- Be on time and ready for work every day
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Required to attend Electrical School at your own expense or at the expense of the company if there are funds allotted. Alternately or in addition to, attend “Solar/Electric School” at the shop given every other week.
A commitment to becoming a Licensed Electrician
Electrical work, solar installation, construction, other
- Full time: Monday-Friday with occasional overtime
Applicants should submit resumes and cover letters to HR@solarips.com
The post INDEPENDENT POWER SYSTEMS – ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE appeared first on Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association.