For immediate release: April 9, 2019
COSSA Announces Winners of 2019 Solar Power and Energy Storage Awards
DENVER, CO. – The Colorado Solar and Storage Association (COSSA) has announced the winners of its 2019 Solar Power and Energy Storage Awards. Winners in seven categories – five project categories, open to industry nomination, and the final two chosen by the COSSA Board of Directors – will be honored April 14 as part of the Solar Power and Energy Storage Mountain West conference in Aurora, CO.
Now in their second year, the awards honor the individuals, projects and products behind Colorado’s successful solar and energy storage industries. By focusing on market segment – rather than project size – the entire solar value chain and the viability of storage in the Mountain West is represented. In particular, the COSSA Solar Power and Energy Storage Awards focus on projects that demonstrate innovation, industry leadership and adaptability.
The 2019 Solar Power and Energy Storage Award winners are:
- Commercial / Industrial PV Project of the Year: Town of Walden, in partnership with GRID Alternatives Colorado and Johnson Controls
- Utility Scale Solar Project of the Year: Cypress Creek Renewables with White River Electric Association
- Residential Rooftop Installation of the Year: Southard Solar
- Community Solar Project of the Year: Pivot Energy
- Best Storage Application of the Year: AES Distributed Energy
- Electric Utility of the Year: Platte River Power Authority
- Solar and Storage Champion of the Year: Senator Steve Fenberg
- Solar and Storage Champion of the Year: Representative Chris Hansen
“The 2019 Solar Power and Energy Storage Awards underline the novel projects and programs across the Mountain West. They provide ample evidence for why, with the right market structures, we should lead the nation in deploying clean energy solutions,” said Mike Kruger, President and CEO of COSSA. “This year’s winners exemplify the innovative spirit of Colorado’s clean energy movement and demonstrate why they are leaders within their industries.”
A panel of independent judges, representing diverse expertise in the electric power industry, chose the winners from a broad field of nominees. The judges include:
- Shaun Laughlin, Head of U.S. Strategic Development, Standard Solar
- Lisa Warren, Senior Environmental Planner, TRC Companies
- AJ Lyle, Partner, Sandbox Solar
The 2019 COSSA Solar Power and Energy Storage Award winners will be celebrated during an awards ceremony on April 14 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the Hyatt Regency in Aurora, C.O., kicking off Solar Power Mountain West. Register for the ceremony here.