- Participates as an integral member of the Project Development team;
- Identifies land parcels meeting the Company’s solar development requirements;
- Secures land positions for the Company;
- Supports in-house title in gathering, organizing and analyzing title documents and performing internal title updates;
- Works with in-house GIS resources to guide land screening activities;
- Engages landowners in land acquisition discussions about project site opportunities;
- Supports drafting of LOI, option and lease agreements;
- Negotiates LOIs, options and lease agreements with landowners;
- Travels to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites;
- Maintains a working relationship with landowners;
- Coordinates and distributes work assignments when the workload requires using contract personnel for lease acquisitions;
- Writes summary land reports documenting the landscape of leasing options;
- Assists in title curative work;
- Identifies and selects viable solar energy generation facility locations, including the identification of property ownership, topography, insolation, and interconnection;
- Confers with internal team members to ensure potential land use, zoning, and environmental risks and costs are understood prior to committing to a project site;
- Generates and manages development schedules and budgets reflecting research into permitting and site study requirements, timeframes, and costs and periodically reports progress; permitting requirements, a smooth handoff between development and project management and a successful, cost effective, and efficient project development process;
- Oversees the local, state and county level permitting processes for specific projects, including:
- Managing information assembly, flows and submittals to relevant permitting body,
- selecting and managing consulting firms (e.g. environmental site studies, surveying, permitting support and regulatory compliance),
- consulting on the selection of a civil design firm,
- supporting site design efforts,
- managing all land use and zoning approvals, site studies and environmental permitting, and
- ensuring compliance with all permits and approvals;
- Manages community outreach and public stakeholder communication and education;
- Works with landowners on permitting and approval processes.
- Advises other teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the project
Click to read... Retail electricity provider Peninsula Clean Energy now offering 100% emission-free power
in Engineering, Business, or related discipline required.
or more year’s progressive experience in energy project development and/or
construction. Solar a benefit, but
experience with permitting other energy related projects acceptable.
with, and thorough understanding of, the development of utility, commercial and
with navigating complex local permitting and title curative processes.
eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the US and Canada.
to work in a self-directed manner within a highly accountable environment.
send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR@oakleafep.com.