The PV & Service Technician is responsible for all technical support, troubleshooting and service related issues. This individual will support all IPS staff including; electricians, installers, sales reps and operations personnel by providing technical PV expertise. He/she will work closely with the Service Coordinator to execute all necessary service and installation needs.
- Technical programming and research for inverter and system electronics.
- Must have a great understanding of electrical troubleshooting.
- Must have the ability use technical instruments to complete extensive troubleshooting and provide real time reporting documentation.
- The PV Technician will be responsible to conduct jobsite walks to gather all necessary information and documentation to complete bid proposals.
- The PV technician will work directly with the Service Coordinator, Operations Manager and the Installation Manager to complete all required project documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to Service Coordinator to develop quotes and parts lists.
- Complete work according to the scheduled times as planned by IPS personnel in conjunction with the customer.
- Utilize Service Fusion to track all hours and notes for projects.
- Billing time to IPS overhead (ie. off site work) will need to be conducted at the IPS office. This will give us full transparency to align all departments in unison.
- Transferring all documentation to the Service Coordinator and update Service Coordinator after every service call to ensure the proper steps can be taken to close out projects.
- Communicate with IPS personnel to review overall workload and schedule priorities.
- Perform installation work as required by Operations/Install Manager as the service schedule allows.
- Perform regular operation and maintenance inspection on existing IPS installation.
- Work with Installation Manager and Service Coordinator to develop service and training documentation to support and develop IPS processes.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Prefered: Bachelor’s Degree and NABCEP certification
Knowledge Requirements: Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Internet and E-mail Usage
Experience: Journeyman Electrician or Residential Wireman with 2+ years experience, and a construction background
Full Time: Monday-Friday 40 hours a week. *Service Technician position is anticipated to be a part time position. A 40 hour week will be supplemented by install technician work delegated by the Operations team.
To apply for the PV Service Technician position, please submit your resume to HR@solarips.com