Position Overview – Solar Project Manager
Solas Energy® Consulting, a renewable energy consulting services firm, is growing its team. We are seeking an experienced energy professional with prior project management and/or project development experience in the utility-scale solar photovoltaic industry. Solas provides business strategy, consulting, and commercial advisory services for renewable energy, climate change, and corporate sustainability. Solas takes a hands-on approach managing development and construction of renewable energy projects and is currently seeking an experienced utility-scale solar project manager.
Principal Responsibilities. The Solar Project Manager will:
- Assist clients in the project development and project management of solar energy projects throughout the project life cycle – from development to construction to operational hand-off.
- Assist Solas in business development efforts to grow solar side of business including client relations, proposal development, and attendance at conferences and workshops
- Develop plans and estimates for projects; including equipment and construction pricing, labor rates and schedules, and productivity estimates.
- Establish and review construction budgets, maintain construction schedules, review work scopes, review and respond to RFI’s, submittals and change orders.
- Coordinate external bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management.
- Support project developers in developing the project and provides assistance to risk management as requested to secure power-off take arrangements, financing agreements, equity acquisition agreements, and requests for proposals related to the projects/sites for which the Project Manager is responsible.
- Works in partnership with development teams to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase.
- Perform commercial and technical contract reviews for construction and procurement contracts
- Ensure successful QA/QC and commissioning process.
- Travels as needed to perform required activities (approximately 25% of the time)
- Prior experience as a Project Manager or Project Developer responsible for the development, design, engineering and construction of utility-scale solar power projects is required for this position.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering and construction project management of utility-scale energy projects, with 4+ years focused on utility-scale solar PV projects.
- BS/MS in Engineering or Construction Management with a PE and/or PMP preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a project and multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Strong writing, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly present the company and business concepts to both internal and external customers.
- Experience with project risk management and mitigation.
- General understanding and ability to use project scheduling software and methodology.
- Ability to interpret project financial reports and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Familiarity with contracting procedures, project contracts and negotiation, engineering practices, construction techniques, solar plant technologies, and regulatory issues required.
- Ability to travel, and work on remote solar projects.
- Self-starter and comfortable in an environment with relatively lean staff.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Comfortable with fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.
- Fort Collins, CO
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all skills and working conditions. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
In no event shall the job description be construed to represent a contract of employment. The Company maintains “at-will” employment, where either party is free to dissolve the relationship at any time.